“Fore the Rivers” Golf Tourney Supports HVA Environmental Efforts throughout the Housatonic Region
SOUTHBURY, CT – June 12, 2017. Even with temperatures soaring into the 90s, nearly 50 golfers enjoyed a day on the links for Housatonic Valley Association’s 18th annual “Fore the Rivers” golf tournament at the Heritage Village Country Club in Southbury, CT.
“It’s a real honor to host area businesses, members of our community and supporters of HVA in such a fun annual event,” said HVA Development Director Richard Sears. “The best part of the day, of course, is knowing that while we’re having a good time, we’re united in supporting critical environmental science, education and action that protects land and water, expands recreation and supports local economies.”
Proceeds from the event will directly support HVAs mission to protect the environmental health of the entire Housatonic watershed, including:
- Engaging households, businesses and local government in reducing stormwater runoff pollution, the largest contributor to declining water quality in the U.S. and this region;
- Supporting a team of summer interns and youth volunteers who conduct water quality monitoring and habitat surveys on the Housatonic River and its tributaries;
- Creating recreational opportunities and expanding access to get people of all ages and abilities outside on our rivers and trails;
- Giving young students a chance to experience nature up-close, while learning about the environment and their lifelong role as stewards;
- Building regional coalitions to address large-scale issues such as overdevelopment and the effects of climate change.
HVA extends its sincerest thanks to tournament sponsors:
- GOLD SPONSORS – Aquarion Water Company; Crystal Rock, LLC; and FirstLight Power Resources, Inc.
- SILVER SPONSORS – O’Connor Davies, LLP.
- BRONZE SPONSORS – Republican-American and Zuberry Associates
- UNDERWRITERS –Advanced Multifamily Security Systems; and Winters Brothers Waste Systems
- HOSPITALITY SPONSORS – Heritage Development Group, Inc. and Tata & Howard, Inc.
Tee and green sponsors include B&L Construction, Bennett Sullivan Associates, Dixon Golf, Harper Haines Fluid Control, Ion Bank Foundation, Litchfield Bancorp and Phoenix Realty Management.
Raffle prizes were generously provided by Clarke Outdoors, Housatonic River Outfitters, Cornwall Package Store, Big Elm Brewing, and Bill Murray. Special thanks to Mark Bialobrzeski, Head Pro at HVCC, and his crew for their generous support of the event.