HVA publishes the definitive paddling guides to the Housatonic River and its tributaries in two editions – Massachusetts and Connecticut. Both copies include extensive maps with put-ins, take-outs, itineraries, parking info, wildlife and nature guides. Download a PDF below. Printed copies are available free of charge, subject to availability. Use our contact form or call 860-672-6678 to request a copy.
Trails, Parks & Public Lands Guides
Housatonic Riverside Trails and Protected Areas
From Hinsdale/Dalton, Mass. to Kent, Conn. including access points, trail maps, activities and wildlife. Click to download or request a copy.
Head of the Housatonic
Trails, towns, points of interest, history and things to do in the northern half of the watershed (from the Berkshires to Kent, Conn.). Click to download or request a copy.
Heart of the Housatonic
Trails, towns, points of interest, history and things to do in the southern half of the watershed (from the New Milford, Conn. to Long Island Sound). Click to download or request a copy.
Welcome to the Estuary
A guide to the tidal portion of the Housatonic at Long Island Sound, with fishing information, points of access, parks and more. Click to download or request a copy.
Water Quality & Stream Team Reports
- Bacteria Monitoring in the Upper Housatonic Watershed 2021
- Southwest Branch Assessment Report & Action Plan (2017)
- Green River Assessment: Report & Action Plan (2017)
- Swamp River Baseline Water Quality Assessment (updated 2013)
- Preliminary Water Quality Screening: The Aspetuck Watershed (2012)
- Lower Housatonic and Lower Naugatuck Rivers Assessment Report (2006)
- Tenmile River Assessment Shoreline Survey and Action Plan (2006)
- Water Quality Results East, West, and Southwest branches of the Housatonic River (2002)
- 2003 Water Quality Report The Housatonic River – West and Southwest Branches (2003)