04:00 pm - 05:30 pm
Kent Land Trust Field
51 South Main Street
Kent, Connecticut, 06757
The Housatonic Valley Association, the Kent Land Trust, Appalachian Mountain Club and the Litchfield Hills Greenprint Collaborative invite you to join Senator Chris Murphy in Kent for a special celebration of the success of the Highlands Conservation Act (HCA) in Connecticut. The event will be held at a Kent Land Trust property located on the East side of Rte 7 (51 South Main Street, Kent CT – see map below).
As space under the tent is limited, please RSVP below.
Why the Highlands Conservation Act Matters
- One of the most significant federal investments of conservation funding in Northwest Connecticut.
- Covers portions of four states, including 26 Connecticut towns in this region.
- Delivered $8,027,515 to Connecticut
- Enabled the Connecticut DEEP and its municipal and Land Trust partners to save 1,629 acres of exceptional conservation land across Northwest Connecticut, with an additional 830 acres now in pending transactions.
- A model public/private partnership, leveraging the federal investment by more than 3:1 in state, municipal and private funding, most recently with a $250,000 private donation secured through HVA’s Greenprint Partners Pledge Fund to enable DEEP to complete its purchase of 420 acres of highly significant forest land in Norfolk, Connecticut.