Where our lands, waters and wildlife are troubled, HVA works to get them back on track.
What can restoration efforts achieve?
- Healthier lands and waters, even in heavily-populated urban areas
- Connected streams that allow fish and wildlife to move freely and safely
- Swimmable, fishable lakes and rivers, free from litter and debris
- Navigable waterways to paddle with your friends and family
- Reduction in algae blooms and beach closures
- Fewer chemicals like fertilizers and pesticides in our waters
- Reduced risk from flooding
- Natural spaces that are resistant to a changing climate
What threats are facing our region?
How do we tackle the threats?
Map Room: View our region’s current environmental health data >>